Thursday, March 1, 2007

Who do you write for?

When you write, whether it's your blog or something else, you should have your goals set. What do I mean with goals?

Simply:
Who do you want to read what you write?

Are you satisfied with having just one or two people reading or just your family or do you want to aim a bit higher and get a wide range of readers?

If you write for your family or no one in specific you might not care to much about what you write. But if you are writing for a purpose you have to make sure your writing is attractive.

Attractive?
Yes I would say we are attracted to good writing. When you write you have to make sure that whoever reads it wants to get more. Wants to read more.

To get attractive you have to make sure there are no or very few spelling mistakes, grammar is correct and language appropriate to what you are writing about.
Remember: Goal. Attractive.

Of course there is much more to writing than that but it is a start when you want to get started.

Technorati Tags: , ,

2 comments:

Diane Viere said...

Well, hello Linda! So nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my "party" today!

Freelance writing....hmmmm.....what a dream! What hard work! How inspirational! I have written for a few inspirational, devotional style publications....but have yet to be published for $$$. It has been a life-long dream of mine....but too scary to really put the effort into it...until 2007. I am going to bookmark your site...and return, and return, and return...to learn!

Diane

Linda said...

Hi Diane! you are welcome!! here or at making a hapy life, whichever you prefer! :)

Writing is very inspirational and i´m glad i found out it´s for me :)

I´ll see you around!