Did you read a lot as a child?
I did and I am sure that is why I love to write. I love to create in my mind and make up stories. I have several small books in my head.
By making your kids read you stimulate their minds and their imagination. Using ones imagination is important in everything we do in life. From daily small things to business and writing.
I still love to read and once you give me a good book I will not pout it away until I have finished reading everything. My husband wasn´t introduced to reading as a child and he has no understanding what so ever about my reading. For him reading is boring and only something you do when really needed. Every time I start reading a book he sighs, he knows that there will be no contact with me for a few days then.
And I just disappear into my little world.
I am so happy I had the opportunity to read a lot as a child. And I will try to make my son understand and enjoy the wonderful world that is hiding inside that cover.
If you haven't introduced your children to reading yet because you don't like it yourself, do your kids a favor and bring them to the library.
They will surely thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment